Performs all intake level of care assessments within Mercy Hospital Jefferson and handles all inquiry/ crisis calls. Facilitates patient admissions and/or referrals for CSU, OAU, and IOP. Directs and refers to outside resources as appropriate.
• Performs all intake level of care assessments within Mercy Hospital Jefferson and handles all inquiry/ crisis calls.
• Facilitates patient admissions and/or referrals for CSU, OAU, and IOP. Directs and refers to outside resources as appropriate
• Assists with supervision of patients, direct patient care, and/or provision of groups for BHS patients when not performing intake assessments or handling intake inquiry calls• Records all patient information on Intake Assessment form completely and accurately
• Professionally promotes self as the contact person of the Crisis Intervention Program.
• Works closely with major admitting sources (MD, MD offices, hospitals and agencies). Develops personal working relationships with these sources when appropriate to expedite admissions.
• Maintains a comprehensive and regularly updated resource file
• Follows trends in referrals and admissions and determines target areas for marketing referral development
• Is assigned or may accompany Director of BHS on marketing calls and presentations when it is appropriate and can act autonomously in marketing and referral development activities under the supervision of the Director of BHS
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.