Performs as a Dietitian in the Ambulatory Telemedicine program Mercy Virtual and in accordance with all applicable Federal, State, and Mercy rules, regulations, policies and procedures, and performs all duties assigned by Medical Director, in the ambulatory program, concerning patients and their care. These duties differ according to the assigned areas and range from education to care coordination.
- Complies with patients rights/regulations
- Education patient and ensure patient is comfortable with the process
- Patient aware video communication
- Provides quality medical nutrition therapy to patients/family and promotes nutritional education to coworkers, staff and the community.
- Collaborates with medical staff, nursing and appropriate ancillary departments to provide timely and effective implementation of nutrition care plans
- Supports family centered care philosophy
- Demonstrating initiative to include family input into work processes and routine to meet patients/family needs
- Recognizing the patient and family according to the patient preferences
- Collaborate with patient and family according to patient preferences in nutritional planning and implementing care plan
- Ability to work with, and seek out nutritional resources to assist when necessary with culturally diverse populations.
- Coordinates nutritional workflows with all mercy virtual ambulatory.
- Demonstrates the ability to direct and /or assist with the work activities of the department consistent with the patient needs and staff capabilities
- Works within the triage software to prioritize the patient’s nutritional needs
- Communicates both synchronously and asynchronously with patient and family
- Performs other duties within credentialed privileges as required by the Medical
- Director of the Ambulatory telemedicine program, Mercy Virtual.
- All clinical duties performed will be within the Dietitian’s scope of practice
- Participates in the Quality Assurance Program within Mercy Virtual and the health care system
- Utilize assessments skills to identify existing or Potential nutrition risk factors
- Maintains professional accountability for provision of patient care for the assigned patients
- Interviews patient/client family to obtain information needed to develop appropriate nutrition care plan
- Monitors lab, anthropometric data and intake to adjust nutrition care plan
- Documents assessments, follow up monitoring and education in the medical record/triage software
- Maintains patient rights and confidentiality of patient information.
- Coordinates the patient care in conjunction with Mercy virtual care team and other care providers
- Communicates all nutrition care plans with patient, family and team
- Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with Mercy mission, vision and Mercy Service Standards.
- All clinical duties performed are within the dietitian scope of practice
- Participates in the Quality Assurance Program of Mercy Virtual
- Participates in the Share governance team.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Education: Graduation from American Dietetic Association approved program and bachelors or Master program
Experience: Minimum of 5 years diversified direct clinical experience as a dietitian required. Previous Inpatient or outpatient experience with chronically ill patients preferred
At Least (1) professional recommendations (attesting to previous experience, clinical competence, and moral character.
Other Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Work requires analytical skills and knowledge of complex medical patients.
- Must possess excellent communication skills with patient and family both over the phone and on video.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to interact effectively with coworkers and other Medical staff in a virtual care setting.
- Be able to monitor multiple patients and work within a treatment team that focus on care for the patients
- Broad-based knowledge and nutritional expertise in assessing, analyzing, intervening, and evaluating patient need. Ability to work in stressful environment ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, function within an ever changing environment, coordinate services for multiple patients with a variety of ages and diagnoses.
- Must possess the ability to concentrate for long periods of time, work well under stress and be able to think and react quickly.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.