We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
• Be a steward of resources in regards to inventory, time management, and meeting productivity standards.
• Demonstrates effective computer skills for both electronic communication and data management.
• Organizes, prioritizes and completes work to meet defined turnaround time and expectations.
• Assesses issues that arise and communicates to appropriate stakeholders for resolution, as required.
• Participates in effective inventory control as needed.
• Utilizes timely and effective communication skills in line with the Mercy Service Standards to address the needs of all customer groups in support of patient service excellence.
• Participates in all levels of client services required including registration, order entry.
• Demonstrates responsibility for timely, effective and accurate processing of laboratory specimens.
• Demonstrates responsibility for delivery of lab results through various means of transmittance.
• Complies with departmental operational policy’s to meet staffing plan and department needs.
• Communicates professionally and effectively. Communicate in all fashions using a well modulated voice (face to face and on the phone), tone (e-mail) in a concise, positive and respectful manner.
• Displays a spirit of cooperation and concern for all patients, fellow staff members, and providers.
• Demonstrates initiative to assist the laboratory and supportive areas where needed.
• Participates in continuing education and staff developmental activities.
• Demonstrates and documents competency in areas of assigned responsibility according to CMS guidelines and Mercy requirements.
• Reviews and reports laboratory tests, as required, under the direction of laboratory leadership.
• Communicates and documents critical information according to the established policies and procedures.
• Recognizes, reports, and engages in opportunities for process improvement.
• Complies with all safety regulations and requirements. (i.e. chemical hygiene plan, exposure control plan, blood borne pathogens).
• 6 CE units required annually
• Completes mandatory courses on time
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.