We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Mercy’s early adoption and use of artificial intelligence (AI) to tackle clinical variation across our hospitals, standardize care and save lives has earned the Analytics 50 award from Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business and Information Management magazine. This is the second year in a row Mercy has taken home this award as one of 50 organizations in the nation that excel at using analytics to solve business challenges.
Under direction of the Director of Data Management for Mercy Care Management, is primarily responsible for communicating with both internal and external customers and/or trading partners to scope, develop, test, implement and maintain electronic data exchanges and/or interfaces to support the reporting and analytical requirements of Mercy Care Management Informatics. This position is also responsible for investigation and resolution of data integrity issues, as well as the implementation of policies and procedures to improve the quality of data in systems sourced for Mercy Care Management. This position will serve as a liaison with Mercy Technology Services to ensure database adequacy and integrity for reporting. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
Interacts with both internal and external customers and/or trading partners to develop, improve, implement and maintain data integration processes. (A trading partner is a third party entity with which we exchange data for the purpose of reporting, analysis or to support operational processes.)
1) Leads the acquisition, extraction, transformation, storage and security requirements of critical data by Mercy Care Management for reporting and analysis.
2) Participates and/or leads database related projects, coordinating and facilitating the work of a multi-departmental team.
3) Actively participates on committees as necessary
1) Maintains and updates supplemental data to enrich data used for reporting and analysis.
2) Escalates issues specific to database performance, efficiency, integrity and data quality of databases utilized for Mercy Care Management reporting and analysis.
3) On an on-going basis, monitor and analyzes data collection methods seeking out opportunities for improvement to further enrich data, improve data integrity or improve the trading partner on-boarding process.
4) Analyzes data integrity issues and leads investigation for resolution.
Development of reports or analysis required for operational support.
1) Demonstrates an excellent working knowledge of database tools, report development tools, EDI processes and data warehousing concepts.
2) Maintains skills needed to understand and utilize current technology and methods for efficient data exchange and integration.
3) Provides report development support on an as needed basis to ensure that the critical report development needs of Mercy Care Management are met.
Manage, track & investigate data issues related to all Mercy Care Management Data Warehouse environments, inbound files, etl processes and data sources for all trading partners.
1) Conducts root cause analysis to determine the source of the problem
2) Understands impact to the business to help determine priority of issue resolution when competing tasks are queue for correction.
3) Works closing with report development team and MTS to determine resolution and associated timeline.
4) Logs production issues for tracking and trending
5) Communicates resolution status to impacted areas.
6) Develops test plans and conducts user acceptance testing to ensure resolution.
1) Provides support to MCM SharePoint Administrators
2) Administers the SharePoint Site for Claim Data Management
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Other: Good communication skills, both verbal and written. Good documentation skills. Customer focused. Capable of working with a strong sense of urgency under defined timelines. Ability to recognize and communicate obstables and possible restraints.
Preferred Education: Master's degree preferred.
Preferred Experience: 5-10 years experience in Electronic Data Interchange, Report Development and Data Warehousing. Proficient in SQL programming, Oracle Databases and Business Objects Tools. Must have experience working with healthcare claim data.
Preferred Other: Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Excellent documentation skills. Extremely customer focused. Capable of working with a strong sense of urgency under defined timelines. Ability to recognize and communicate obstables and possible restraints.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Ansi X12 278, precertification data, authorization data, EDI, electronic data interchange