We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Performs processing of Pharmaceutical order into unit dose sizes and in batch quantities for distribution to pharmacies throughout the Sisters of Mercy Health System. Coordinates the receipt and processing (retrieve, count and measure) of unit dose pharmaceutical packaging and bar-coding across the Sisters of Mercy Health System. Follows policies and procedures as directed to assure all federal and state regulations are strictly adhered to.
1. Follows all policies and procedures for unit dose packaging and over-wrap bar-code labeling operations.
2. Prepares packaged and bar-coded pharmaceuticals per policy.
3. Assists the pharmacist in maintaining and validating operational performance of pharmacy packaging and bar-coding automation technology.
1. Follows policies and procedures for the receipt, storage and distribution of pharmaceuticals into, within and out of the CSC packaging room.
2. May provide pharmaceutical related knowledge as appropriate to pharmaceutical Handling Specialist.
1. May assist in the development of pharmacy related knowledge and understanding of customer service representatives and pharmacy buyers.
2. Maintains high standards for packaging services.
3. Keeps pharmacist and customers informed of any product changes.
4. Serves as a positive role model representing pharmacy services in the CSC.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.