Mercy Virtual is committed to pioneering a new model of care – relentlessly pursuing getting health care right. As we continue our 10 year plus journey we are adding Directors of Community Integration to strengthen and optimize our partnership within our Mercy Health communities. The Director of Community Integration is a key member of the Mercy Virtual leadership team focused on building and maturing relationships with system partners to advance joint goals to drive value for patients, communities, and the Ministry. Reporting to the Vice President of Partner Solutions, the Director of Community Integration is expected to continuously improve virtual care value and integration in collaboration with our partners while jointly identifying and pursuing transformative care solutions. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Virtual Service Standards.
- Builds and retains community partner relationships with an aim of developing joint operating plans that create value for patients, providers, co-workers and community.
- Leads quarterly joint steering and monthly operating committee meetings with community partners at all levels of the organization including monthly financial reporting and value optimization.
- Primary liaison between community partner and Mercy Virtual clinical and operational leaders.
- Integrates with solution development teams at Mercy Virtual, representing community solution need based on jointly developed operating plan. Proactively interacts with community to identify future state opportunities for product development consideration.
- Builds and leads subject matter expert level team responsible for value creation for community partners.
- For designated areas of responsibility, selects, develops, rewards and motivates a competent staff.
- Ensures co-workers meet targeted quality, customer service, organizational development and engagement performance.
- Strives for continuous improvement to departmental processes and procedures.
- Provides coaching and development to co-workers to ensure client needs are exceeded and goals achieved.
- Partners with human resources to develop position descriptions, gain approval for salary ranges and assists with the hiring and on boarding of new co-workers.
- Develops a clear vision and goals for the team.
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and commitment to quality.
- Establishes, monitors and mentors staff performance and development goals using a supportive and collaborative approach, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establishes priorities, conducts annual performance reviews and administers salary adjustments.
- Works intimately with the system partner and operations to develop jointly owned processes that identifies, prioritizes, and organizes action to address bedside optimization across all aspects of the care continuum.
- Able to influence and proactively manage partner’s experience by anticipating potential issues and regularly gauging and acting to optimize partner satisfaction.
- Works with the Mercy Virtual team to ensure a seamless transition from agreed service deployment to implementation and ongoing optimization.
- Will be the Mercy Virtual spokesperson and representative to articulate how telemedicine and telehealth integrated/collaborative services can produce positive clinical, financial, experiential, and relational outcomes for health systems.
- Interact with partner in evolving thought to optimize current healthcare payment methodologies and potential future contract/payment methodology trajectories.
- Performs other work duties as assigned.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years experience in the healthcare field.
- Bachelor Degree or higher.
- Minimum 5 years experience in leading diverse, multifunctional workforce teams.
- Community outreach and relations experience.
- Ability to think strategically with a bias for action to execute with a sense of urgency.
- Experience in managing a P&L Center
- Competent in interpreting financial reports/results while communicating with partner
- Experience in interpreting payer contracts to optimize potential risk based opportunities
- Demonstrated understanding of functional areas and interdependencies of business; operations, clinical delivery, finance, product development, legal, implementation, and customer service
- Understands the added value of integrated/collaborative virtual care services compared to traditional telemedicine or telehealth services.
- Functional knowledge of how telemedicine and telehealth services can be delivered across the continuum of care from hospital to clinic to home.
- Assimilate partner information and utilize it to articulate customized opportunities that meet the specific needs of that partner for optimizing their health care delivery system.
- Cognitive flexibility to thrive in a highly matrixed clinical environment.
- Strategic, logical and analytical mind for creating approaches for growing the market.
- Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Activated to leverage resources to develop customized market opportunity materials.
- Team-based approach when working with the Vice-President of Partner Solutions and Senior leadership to develop growth plans and strategies.
- Detail oriented, organized with a bias for action in engaging with team members and system partners.
- Excellent planning, project management and execution competencies.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, specifically high level healthcare executives.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to include: facilitating group discussions/presentations, communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Effective presentation creation, preparation, and delivery that allows for efficient communication with C-Suite and other leadership at system partner and Mercy Virtual.
- Strong listening skills that translate to identifying key themes and values of the communicator.
- Engaging-interpersonal and professional communication style that exudes empathy and engenders trust with partners
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.