We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. We have opportunities for nurses who are inspired to pioneer new models of care and want to transform the healthcare experience. Work with advanced technology and innovative procedures. Be state of the art, and never stop exploring. We’re expanding to help our communities grow, offering an exceptional opportunity to join our team.
Serves to support local, regional and ministry-wide clinical education programs and services that include: orientation, competency program, in-service education, continuing education, academic partnerships, career development and role transition, and research and scholarship.
- Takes initiative in needs assessment and creates and implements educational activities based on need and organizational initiatives.
- Uses a variety of teaching/learning strategies in delivery of education aligned with the diverse styles, literacy levels, and cultural and learning style of assigned learners
- Collaborates to develop curriculum based on learning needs providing appropriate information and feedback during the development phase.
- Supports the Ministry education strategy by actively participating on the TDO Clinical Education team and councils, committees, task forces, etc. within the local facility and ministry-wide TDO committees.
- Identifies and influences organization’s decisions for learning and training for patient care and safety and staff competence.
- In collaboration with director, develop goals for projects that are leading.
- Participates in personal and professional development activities, creating and maintaining an environment where growth is an expectation.
- Functions as a consultant within a local facility or across regional communities, consistently utilizing personal service communication in all interactions.
- Leads project management to assist with organizational change or performance improvement within TDO, the local facility or communities served.
- Partners to develop education action plans for performance deficits and supports change process.
- Advises/consults with clinical disciplines and/or school representatives about issues regarding student placement, alternative educational experiences and problems encountered.
- Participates in the planning of nursing continuing education programs.
- Collaborates in development of evaluation and shares evaluation information to report effectiveness of education programs.
- Identifies and participates in process improvements.
- Stewards resources in delivery of education programs/activities, ensuring appropriate use of supplies and recommending acquisition of education supplies/materials.
- Promotes and utilizes evidence based practice research.
- Uses effective communication skills, including conflict resolution, negotiation, problem solving, and resourcing
- Maintains an extensive internal and external network to use for promotion of programs and placements, as well as problem solving and resourcing.
- Demonstrated skill in human relations and written, verbal and electronic communication. Proven skill in oral presentation and facilitation.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Getting respect doesn’t come easy in healthcare. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care-that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.