- Perform pro-active monitoring of network elements, alarms, and alerts to identify those components/elements that may lead to, or already are, causing service degradation or failure. Accomplish this through use of monitoring and management system(s) and associated assets on a continuous (rotating shifts) basis
- Triage, troubleshoot, and resolve or escalate incidents and events.
- Interface with users and technical teams in support of both routine and reactionary monitoring situations
- Maintain tickets, logs, and records in accordance with ITIL best practices via Mercy SOPs
- Applies technical skills to resolve incidents of well-defined scope as specified by procedural guidelines or under direction of leadership.
- Reports to Manager but must be capable of making decisions and following through to resolve issues and restore customer service
- Develop and maintain run-book with procedures and protocols to support new technology as it is rolled out
- Serve as trainer/mentor for NOC personnel
- Takes ownership of critical priority large impact issues and serves as Incident Manager
- Direct team members in dealing with large scale network events
- Provides primary input to hire, fire, pay, promote decisions
- Focuses on day-to-day, tactical activities
- Schedules and assigns work to subordinates to meet mission requirements
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, specialized training, or equivalent work experience AND 5+ years of relevant technical or business experience.
- Must have desire to learn and share knowledge
- Strong knowledge of troubleshooting, identification, isolation, and resolution of network issues
- Intermediate knowledge of ITILv3 principles and HIPAA compliance
- Must be capable of working and communicating with diverse teams with varied levels of technical experience or ability
- CCNA (or equivalent if already possess the CCENT), Security +, and ITILV3 Foundations Certifications
Qualified applicants must also possess the following skills/competencies:
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage projects from beginning to end
- Previous experience troubleshooting Business or personal PC hardware/software
- Ability to mentor and grow talent
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Financial acumen
- Regulatory and Legal acumen
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.