Provides Telephonic Case Management, as well as Home and Mercy Clinic visits, to patients with all disease processes. Demonstrates good clinical assessment skills and the ability to problem solve. Works independently with minimal direction. Demonstrates knowledge about community resources and when to access those resources. Refers patients to social worker when appropriate. Knows when to contact the physician and NP/PA for questions outside the scope of the RN licensure.
- Clinical Assessment Skills:
Capable of completing a head to toe assessment, use of critical thinking skills and problem solving. Shows appropriate clinical judgment for necessary interventions for good quality care and knows when to contact physician or NP/PA for direction. Able to take complete patient history, review of systems, and development of plan of care/treatment plan. Completed/updated medication reconciliation; with evaluation of signs and symptoms of side effects.
Demonstrates good communication skills; both written and verbal. Accurate and timely documentation in the Electronic Health Record. Completes documentation as dictated by office policy. Keeps patient list and shares work schedule with supervisor and office staff.
- Patient Education:
Demonstrates good teaching skills. Ability to ascertain which way the patient/caregiver learns best. Has systematic approach to teaching, utilization of teaching materials when indicated, standardized approach to patient/caregiver education, and using evidence-based information. Can determine patient readiness to learn and change behaviors. Setting goals and evaluation with patient/caregiver.
- Multi-Disciplinary Team Member:
Collaborates with team members to deliver the best care. Focus on patient outcomes; comes prepared to weekly meetings and adds valuable patient care insight. Works well with team members and offers to help other staff when indicated. Can fill in for other positions after cross-training provided. Communicates effectively with staff, supervisor, physicians, patients, caregivers, and all others as needed.
- Medication Reconciliation:
Performs routinely medication updates with patient and updates Electronic Health Record as necessary. Educations patient/caregiver on medications and schedule. Notifies appropriate staff of any discrepancies.
- Assumes ownership for all duties as assigned and carries them out to the utmost ability. Notifies direct manager if unable to fulfill duties. Completes other duties as assigned.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the
- Bachelor's Degree in nursing
- Current Missouri license as a registered nurse. Current unrestricted MO Drivers license.
- Five years of clinical nursing experience with strong telephonic assessment.
- Evidence in the work history of independent decision making, organized, interpersonal communication, self-motivation, interdisciplinary collaboration and strong documentation skills both verbal and written. Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.) usage required. Electronic Health Records application experience recommended.
- Experience with Managed Care Products preferred.
- Experience in Home Care Certified in Case Management preferred
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.