We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Surgical technicians assist surgeons and other medical professionals in hospital operating rooms and similar environments. Chiefly, they prepare patients, rooms and equipment for pending surgical procedures.Will perform all work with accord to the mission, vision, and values of Mercy Health Systems.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required or must be obtained within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification preferred.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification preferred.
- Certified Surgery Tech (CST) certification preferred.
- Greater than one year of experience working full-time as a Surgical Technician in a hospital setting preferred.
- Surgical Technology preparation and/or experience in operating room technique preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of patient services.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations.
- Ability to work independently, exercise creativity, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all medical, financial, and legal information.
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving patients, physicians, or others in a professional manner.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.