JOB TITLE: Nurse Practitioner
REPORTS TO: Medical Director and Clinical Operations Manager for vHospitalist
FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Salary
Mercy Virtual is seeking experienced Acute Care Nurse Practitioner to join our vHospitalist team located at our Virtual Care Center in St. Louis, Missouri.
Mercy vHospitalist currently monitors hospitalist patients in more than 10 Hospitals over multiple states. Continued plans for growth is underway, as we continue to market our services to other health systems who are interested in partnering with us to provide extra care to their patients. As a member of vHospitalist, you will be part of an established and expanding team of over 30 providers.
- Perform comprehensive patient assessments on Mercy Virtual vHospitalist patients.
- Review patients per vHospitalist protocols and examine patients on a case specific need, make all necessary chart entries and notes, and participate in the writing of any necessary orders.
- Coordinate and execute care with the vHospitalist care team.
- Triage patients based on priority and patient need with Mercy Virtual software.
- May write medical orders based on patient need, including but not limited to, medications, blood and blood products, laboratory tests, X-rays, invasive and non-invasive tests, consult requests, diet, and patient activity level.
- Performs other duties within credentialed privileges as required by Medical Director and/or Clinical Operations Manager for vHospitalist Program.
- All clinical duties performed will be supervised by an attending physician designated as a supervising physician within Mercy Virtual.
- Participates in the Quality Assurance Program within Mercy Virtual and the health care system.
- Must possess effective communication skills to interact with patients and/or family, both over the phone and on video.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to interact effectively with co-workers and other medical staff in a virtual care setting.
- Be able to monitor multiple patients and work within a treatment team that focuses on care for the patients.
- Must be team oriented and patient centric.
- Must possess the ability to concentrate for long periods of time, work well under stress and be able to think and react quickly in emergencies.
Education and Experience:
- Education required completion of an accredited Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program and BSN in Nursing.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an Acute Care Nurse Practitioner role. Telemedicine experience, internal medicine, primary care medicine or a specialty involving the care of hospitalized patients ideal.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Active ACNP and RN License
- BLS Certified, ACLS Certified, or completion of the ACLS Certification within the first six months of employment.
- Must be flexible as needed for business operations, including weekends and holidays.
- Schedule may vary based on business needs.
Mercy Virtual Care Center is located in the suburbs of St. Louis, near excellent public and private schools and beautiful residential areas, with easy access to all the cultural and recreational assets of the region.
At Mercy we make a difference by touching the lives of those we serve with compassion and exceptional service.