Helping your critical care team drop mortality and reduce length of stay
Mercy Virtual is seeking experienced Physician Assistants join our vICU team located at our Virtual Care Center in St. Louis, Missouri.
Mercy vICU monitors more than 475 beds in 28 ICUs over a five-state region. Continued plans for growth is underway, as we continue to market our services to other health systems who are interested in partnering with us to provide extra care to their patients. Critical Care Specialists will be part of an established and expanding team of 59 Intensivists and 85 specialty trained RN’s.
This Position Includes:
- Integrated health system with a competitive income guarantee.
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, vacation and CME.
- Relocation assistance and Malpractice insurance.
- Perform comprehensive patient assessments on Mercy Virtual vICU patients.
- Review patients per vICU protocols and examine patients on a case specific need, make all necessary chart entries and notes, and participate in the writing of any necessary orders.
- Coordinate and execute care with the vICU care team.
- Triage patients based on priority and patient need with Mercy Virtual software.
- May write medical orders based on patient need, including medications, blood and blood products, laboratory tests, X-rays, invasive and non-invasive tests, consult requests, diet, and patient activity level.
- Performs other duties within credentialed privileges as required by Director of Clinical Operations and Medical Director of the Mercy Virtual vICU Program.
- All clinical duties performed will be supervised by an attending physician designated as a supervising physician within Mercy Virtual.
- Participates in the Quality Assurance Program within Mercy Virtual and the health care system.
- Must possess effective communication skills to interact with patients and/or family, both over the phone and on video.
- Must possess interpersonal skills to interact effectively with co-workers and other medical staff in a virtual care setting.
- Be able to monitor multiple patients and work within a treatment team that focuses on care for the patients.
- Must be team oriented and patient centric.
- Must possess the ability to concentrate for long periods of time, work well under stress and be able to think and react quickly in emergencies.
- Education & Experience:
- Education required completion of an accredited Physician Assistant Program.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in acute care in the Physician Assistant role. Telemedicine experience, internal medicine, primary care medicine or a specialty involving the care of critically ill patients ideal.
- Certifications & Licenses:
- BCLS Certified, ACLS Certified, or completion of the ACLS Certification within the first six months of employment.
Mercy Virtual Care Center is located in the suburbs of St. Louis, near excellent public and private schools and beautiful residential areas, with easy access to all the cultural and recreational assets of the region.
At Mercy we make a difference by touching the lives of those we serve with compassion and exceptional service.