We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. We have opportunities for nurses who are inspired to pioneer new models of care and want to transform the healthcare experience. Work with advanced technology and innovative procedures. Be state of the art, and never stop exploring. We’re expanding to help our communities grow, offering an exceptional opportunity to join our team.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Getting respect doesn’t come easy in healthcare. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care-that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
Education: Graduate of accredited School of Nursing,
Licensure: Licensed to practice nursing in the state of Oklahoma.
Experience: 2 years
Certifications: American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) are required for independent practice.
Preferred Licensure: Oklahoma licensure
Assesses, plans and organizes for the individualized intraoperative care of the patient.
1. The pre-op assessment is completed and fully documented in the nursing record.
2. Patients problems and needs based on the data obtained in the pre-op assessment are identified and documented.
3. Plans and prepares for the care of the patient according to diagnosis, procedure, needs of the patient, and the physician’s preferences, using preference card, prior to scheduled procedure time.
4. A written plan of care is developed based on identified patient problems and needs.
5. All equipment is checked for proper functioning before each use as evidenced by lack of problems.
6. Supervise personnel team actions to promote readiness and timeliness for surgical procedures.
7. Open sterile supplies for procedure according to specific doctor’s preference card.
8. Anticipate variables by having instruments/supplies available in room.
9. Open only those supplies/instruments necessary, as indicated by preference card, to maintain cost effectiveness and reduce waste.
10. Update doctor’s preference cards for change when necessary.
Implements nursing care assuring patients dignity and safety.
1. There is documentation that the care given is in accordance with the written plan and complies with patient care standards as defined in department standards of care.
2. Patient safety is provided according to department policy.
3. The patient’s comforts, dignity, and psychosocial needs are met according to established standards of care.
4. Family concerns are met by notifying them of surgery delays and by periodic reports of progress as evidenced by nursing record documentation.
Effectiveness of services provided is evaluated. Prepares equipment, instruments, and supplies for efficient utilization.
1. Document and verbally communicate patient assessment to appropriate personnel upon transfer to another area.
2. Uses supplies and equipment in an economical manner, using physician preference cards and nursing judgment, without sacrificing the care of the patient according to Mercy philosophy.
3. Patient charges are documented with 95% accuracy rate.
4. The perioperative and surgery nursing records are complete and verified at the end of each case.
5. Specialty instruments and supplies are prepared for sterilization when needed.
6. Upon completion of procedure supplies and instrumentation are handled according to established procedures.
Assist surgeon during surgery in a knowledgeable, efficient and courteous manner.
1. Preps & Drapes patient as prescribed by a planned procedure.
2. Pass and handles instruments according to prescribed technique.
3. Identify and preserve specimens received during surgery according to department policy.
4. Functions as fist assistant according to department policy limitations.
5. Anticipates needs of surgeon by paying attention and responding appropriately.
Provide a safe environment for patients and co-workers.
1. Verify drugs and solution received from circulating nurse according to department procedure.
2. Observe for breaks in sterile technique and handle according to department standards of care.
3. Perform counts according to department policy.
4. Follow principles of aseptic technique and handle according to department standards of care. (Evaluate by observing).
5. Emergency call procedures are followed at all times.
6. Contributes to the smooth functioning of the department by meeting department requirements, such as, willingly working flexible shifts, staying late as needed and returning to work as needed even if not on call.
7.Adheres to time and attendance policy
Universal precautions and infection control guidelines are followed at all times.
1. Perform all surgical hand scrubs according to department procedure.
2. Proper OR attire is worn at all times according to department policy.
3. Contaminated supplies, instrumentation, and equipment shall be handled according to department standards of care.
4. Adheres to department procedure for confine and contain.
5. Written procedures for care and handling of surgical specimens shall be followed.
6. Always follows Universal Policy and Protocol for Correct Pt.,Correct Procedure,Correct Site
Participates in organizational activities.
1. Attends 80% of department staff meetings and is accountable for all others reading
2. Attend all mandatory in services hospital or department
3. CPR certification is current/completion of ACLS course.
4. Maintains current RN licensure, and certification in BLS, ACLS, and PALS
5.Accesses hospital e-mail account regularly to stay appraised of communications and updates
6. Participates in orientation and cross training of new employees, students, and
departmental personnel as requested and documented in chronological records.
Demonstrates knowledge of special needs and behaviors of specific age groups to include neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
1. Demonstrates knowledge of changes associated with aging.
2. Demonstrates ability to provide care based upon physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety, and other age related factors.
3. Demonstrates the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of the patient’s needs
Performs miscellaneous job duties as assigned.
1. Completes special duties as assigned.
2. Participates in annual department inventory as necessary.
Meets needs of customers and needs of the hospital by flexing hours.
1. Reports to work as stated in policy and procedure manual.
2. Flexes hours early.
3.Stays late when not on call to help with the schedule.
4. Responds to request for help during unscheduled times.
The nurse will exhibit at least three of the following for professional development
1. Presentation of approved in-service with documentation.
2. Assist in orientation of new personnel and students.
3. Membership in a local or national professional organization.
4. Attain or maintain pertinent national certification.
5. Participate in pertinent community activity.
6. Participate in hospital /department committee or special project.
7. Participate in writing, reviewing, and editing of department policies and procedures as evidenced by documentation for submission to P&P committee.
8. Participate in a dept mock TJC survey. Document and present findings at a monthly staff meeting.
9. Participates in annual department inventory
Demonstrates professional conduct and development.
1.Utilizes current knowledge achieved through evidence based research or educational activities to enhance or improve clinical practice.
2. Knowledgeable of patient satisfaction survey process utilized by hospital as demonstrated by but not limited to: Use of key word phrasing when addressing patient/family/caregiver. Updating patient/family/caregiver at recommended intervals by preferred means. Signing patient’s Thank You card. Knocking/introducing self before entering cubicle. Not engaging in inappropriate personal or patient related conversations at a volume level that can be overheard by patients or visitors.
3.Knowledgeable of Surgical Care Improvement Plan (SCIP). Accountable for compliance with nursing related measures. Monitors patient record and informs responsible surgical team member of any non-compliances’ that need to be addressed.