Graduate Nurse or 0-2 years experience: $5,000 for full time positions
ADN with 2 – 9 years experience: $5,000
ADN with 10+ years experience: $7,500
BSN with 2 – 9 years experience: $10,000
BSN with 10+ years experience: $12,500
We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Performs direct patient care activities for all age groups to include assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Monitors and coordinates patient care activities with ancillary departments to optimize patient care and comfort. Functions within the scope of nursing preparation and consistent with the established guidelines of nursing practice, the goals of Mercy Health System, the Philosophy of the Sisters of Mercy, the Missouri Nurse Practice Act, the Code of Professional and Business Ethics and the Employee Code of Conduct.
Assessment of the Patient:
Documents on admission the nursing history and initial assessment of each assigned patients condition.
Initiates early discharge planning by completing the Continuity of Care Screening.
Recognizes a life threatening/emergency situation and responds quickly.
Assesses patient by:
- Assessing patients ability to understand
- Using physical assessment skills
- Interpreting and utilizing diagnostic and laboratory data
- Identifying psychosocial and spiritual needs
- Correctly interpreting information from monitoring technology
- Recognizing safety needs
- Determining ability to perform activities of daily living
Planning of Patient Care:
Identifies appropriate plan of care.
Develops and documents an individualized plan of nursing care from each patient assessment which addresses all current health problems requiring interventions during the current admission.
Reviews the plan of nursing care/clinical pathway at least every shift and documents additional problems/variances as identified.
Implementation of Patient Care:
Provides patient care according to written plan of care/clinical pathway.
Provides patient care according to established policies and procedures.
Meets the patients physical needs, as possible.
Meets the patients spiritual and psychological needs, as possible.
Provides for patient safety.
Demonstrates technical skills necessary to function in nursing practice.
Uses organizational skills and sets priorities in providing care.
Integrates teaching in all aspects of care.
Documents in a pertinent, thorough, and concise manner, consistent with established policies and procedures.
Evaluation of Patient Care: Evaluates patients response to care and overall progress toward stated goals.
Leadership Skills: Demonstrates skills as a team leader, preceptor, resource person and/or shift coordinator.
- Delegates tasks appropriately and effectively
- Follows up to see that delegated tasks are carried out as assigned.
- Demonstrates patient advocacy skills.
- Is a good clinical role model for new nurses.
- Seeks out learning experiences for orientees.
- Provides an environment that is conducive to learning.
- Assists the orientee to perform new procedures and makes appropriate clinical judgments.
- Is available to answer questions.
- Makes the orientee feel part of the team.
- Handles new employee problems appropriately and effectively.
- Evaluates the progress of the new orientee.
- Completes necessary documentation for the orientation process.
- Makes assignments according to patient needs, staff strengths, and workload distribution.
- Coordinates staffing for oncoming shift.
- Oversees the orientation process for new employee(s) on shift.
- Responds and provides leadership in emergency situations.
- Monitors staff compliance with regulatory standards, nursing policies, Health System policies, and departmental policies.
- Keeps Nurse Manager informed of continued problems or significant issues.
Remains current with changes in policies/procedures and complies with policies/procedures.
- Remains current by attending unit staff meetings/reading minutes.
- Is responsive to staffing needs.
- Takes the appropriate amount of required on-call hours?
Wears proper personal protective equipment when appropriate. Observes universal precautions consistently. Wears clothing and Health System badge consistent with dress code, and attends to personal hygiene to maintain a clean, well-groomed appearance. Meets Health System attendance standards. Performs related duties as assigned.
Each career at Mercy represents unique members of our caring ministry’s “body”, working together for the health and strength of the whole. To achieve our goals, we need all the parts functioning at their best and this requires the specific qualifications that you’ll bring with you:
Education: Graduate of a state approved School of Nursing.
Licensure: Current RN licensure with Missouri State Board of Nursing or current RN Missouri temporary work permit.
Experience: Medical Surgical preferred but not required.
Certifications: BLS, ACLS Certification required within 90 days of hire.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.