We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. We have opportunities for nurses who are inspired to pioneer new models of care and want to transform the healthcare experience. Work with advanced technology and innovative procedures. Be state of the art, and never stop exploring. We’re expanding to help our communities grow, offering an exceptional opportunity to join our team.
What we offer…
(Must graduate within the past 12-months of beginning employment with Mercy to qualify)
The fellowship experience includes:
The Critical Care Fellowship is a 16 week hands on training experience. The fellowship is a two way, open communication process that has the main goal of making our co-workers comfortable with all of the tools that they will need to use on the floor.
Utilizes the nursing process to provide patient care. Maintains professional accountability for provision of patient care. Evaluates the overall effectiveness of care provided by other direct care givers. Coordinates the patient care in conjunction with other departments. Maintains patient rights and confidentiality of patient information. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and service standards.
1. Initiates nursing assessment, performs orientation to room and unit, notifies physician of admission, and obtains admitting orders.
2. Completes assessments for each assigned patient according to policy and more frequently as indicated by the patients clinical condition.
3. Utilizes LPNs, Patient Care Associates/Technicians, and other appropriate health care workers in data gathering functions of the nursing assessment.
4. Includes information obtained from the patient and/or significant others in the assessment.
5. Documents clearly and concisely initial and ongoing assessment data about the patient in the permanent record.
6. Assesses and appropriately documents the educational needs and learning abilities of the patient and/or significant others during the admission and subsequent assessments in the computerized care plan.
7. Notifies patients appropriate physician when changes in assessment occur.
8. Provides professional nursing care to an assigned group of patients according to the prescribed plan of care.
9. Assists with and/or performs procedures including but not limited to the nursing unit skills checklist.
10. Delegates tasks to LPNs and unlicensed health care providers according to their documented competencies.
11. Demonstrates ability to provide care and information based upon physical, psycho/social, cultural, safety and other age-related factors for the adult/geriatric patients.
12. Participates in at least 75% of staff meetings.
13. Participates in Process Improvement activities such as data collection, in-services, and meetings as appropriate and required.
14. Participates in a hospital committee, special project or in-service (i.e. preceptor to student or new co-worker) as requested.
15. Uses current knowledge achieved through research, evidence based practice or educational activities to enhance or improve clinical practice or patient care.
16. Establishes goals and objectives with each annual performance appraisal, and provides evidence for goal attainment from previous evaluation period.
17. Completes Hospital and nursing competency of employment and annually within required time frame, submits to Nurse Manager.
18. Maintains knowledge base required to provide professional standard of care
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Getting respect doesn’t come easy in healthcare. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care-that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.