The role of the Manager, Client Services Home Health & Hospice Sales is to generate measurable growth in assigned strategic geographic areas and/or service lines, commercial or ancillary services enabling exceptional service and care at an affordable price to healthcare consumers in our geographic (and virtual) footprint.
High Level Job Requirements
- Identification, prioritization, and execution of business development opportunities and strategies
- Understand & report on competitive landscape, physician movement, patient satisfaction levels, employer strategies and provide real-time intelligence to local leadership to influence/shape/adjust strategy and resource allocation
- Development, coordination and implementation of local service line growth strategies
- Strengthen assigned client relationships; build new relationships, onboard/round newly acquired client relationships. Services could include one or more of the following categories:
- Extract more value from both integrated and aligned physicians; regularly monitor, track and work to recruit non-aligned physicians
- Develop strong employer relationships; create and close opportunities in support of direct contracting
- Develop strong post-acute relationships; create and close opportunities that leverage all post-acute offerings for this client base.
- Find new opportunities for growth and identify opportunities to cross-sell existing referral sources
- Track all activities on the assigned PRM on a daily basis to reflect client activities, manage client profiles, and plan and executive approved strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively execute on assigned Business Development functions in close collaboration with Business Development Leadership and Operational Leaders in the assigned segment and territory.
- In collaboration with Business Development leadership, Hospital & Clinic Presidents, operations VPs and Directors, initiate and develop market based /competitor analysis of healthcare trends, competitive threats, expansion opportunities and internal performance trends, and deliver data-driven analyses to support actionable strategic direction.
- Perform analysis and identification of new growth / market opportunities and recommend course of action. Assist leadership in the preservation, development and growth of current / new development strategies.
- Provide primary leadership and direction for new business development within the community/region, ensuring that marketing, business development, and operations leaders collaborate on desired methods and results to achieve the same.
- Cultivate and develop relationships with potential business partners, leveraging these relationships to grow market share, service volume, and brand recognition.
- Identify and execute opportunities to strengthen physician network referrals; identify and remove access barriers to a fluid internal referral system.
- Ability to focus on desired outcomes and prepares specific business development and/or operational plans to achieve the same.
- Ability to make effective presentations to a variety of constituents, including physicians, board members, facility leadership, hospital leadership, group and company operations leadership.
- Works with local leadership and business development leadership to assist in forecasting
- Provide insights pertaining to physician trends, health system economics, distribution channel developments (e.g. direct contracting, exchanges), competitors, legislation/regulation and other relevant market trends
- Provide reports to measure physician referral performance
- Leverage customer, competitor and marketplace research to discover needs and opportunities to refine and develop strategic and tactical marketing/business development plans
- Assist in identifying meaningful metrics for each growth channel, reporting quarterly
- Support for strategic planning cycle and operating plan development processes
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare or business administration or advanced equivalent certification required
- Masters in Health Services Administration, MBA or related advance degree preferred
- Five plus years sales experience, with a strong track record of delivering results at (or above) plan
- Experience in analyzing and interpreting complex data and information in a planning and decision making process
- Health system strategic planning &/or business development experience, or Home Health/Hospice, pharmaceutical sales experience preferred
- Confirmed sales/business development experience
- Ability to understand and articulate Mercy Mission, Vision and Integrated Marketing branding, strategy and policy
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (written and oral)
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide range of external audiences & organizational levels, including hospital and clinic presidents
- Comfort with daily CRM/PRM usage; as a pipeline and activity management/prioritization tool
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to create ‘constructive tension’
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, financial background a plus
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong conceptual thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Knowledge of financial, accounting, and budgeting activities and analysis.
- Possess high degree of integrity and moral character.
Each career at Mercy represents unique members of our caring ministry’s “body”, working together for the health and strength of the whole. To achieve our goals, we need all the parts functioning at their best and this requires the specific qualifications that you’ll bring with you:
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, and employer-matched retirement funds, even to part-time employees. We’re proud to provide tuition reimbursement to help you grow and learn new skills.
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.