We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
“Mercy Hospital Rogers has been designated a Top 100 Hospital by IBM/Watson, formerly Truven, for 2019. We are the only hospital in the state of Arkansas receiving this award”
The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for professional nursing care for patients and their families by direction, supervision and example. Provides direction to Registered Nurses, Licensed practical Nurses, students and non-professional nursing personnel in providing direct patient care. Responsible for operation of the Unit ensuring that all regulatory requirements and standards are being fulfilled. Participates in the education and development of personnel and performance evaluation as well as other administrative duties as designated by the Director of the unit. Must have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to manage multiple priorities, be dedicated to the provision of quality patient care and use sound judgment in decision making. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.
1. Coordinates and directs patient care to ensure patient needs are met and Mercy Health System NWA, Patient Care policies are followed.
2. Participates in the development, revision and implementation of Nursing Department policies and procedures.
3. Manages human resources to maintain compliance with approved standards/guidelines for nursing care and within established budget parameters
4. Responsible for maintaining performance improvement and CQI activities within the department.
5. Responds promptly to telephone calls via Cisco mobile or department phones.
6. Assures supplies and equipment needed for successful operation of the unit are available and functioning.
7. Demonstrates professional judgment in response to changing patient unit situations.
8. Responds promptly to telephone calls via Spectralink or department phones.
9. Participates in maintaining labor budget for the department by watching use of overtime, agency and registry.
10. Schedules and assigns staff to increase efficiency and coordination of care within the unit. Staffs according to standards.
11. Monitors adherence to time and attendance policies and appropriate documentation.
12. Performs department head duties in the absence of the Clinical Director.
13. Reports individual staff or patient problems to department director in a timely manner. Ensures incidents are documented appropriately using Quality Investigation Forms, Medication Event Forms, Employee Injury Reports, etc.
14. Directs the orientation of new co-workers, students and volunteers and ensures that all needed documentation are complete. (skills checklist, first day orientation forms,etc.)
15. Participates in development and education of co-workers through in-services and identification of training/education needs.
16. Takes initiative, strives to maintain steady level of productivity; self-motivated.
17. Serves as a clinical resource for patient care activities and problem resolution.
18. Maintains a good working relationship with physicians, co-workers and other departments health system wide.
19. Participates in evaluations of co-workers.
20. Completes other duties as assigned Clinical Director.
QUALIFICATIONS MINIMUM REQUIRED
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Licensure: Current AR registered nurse license.
Certification/Registration: Basic Life Support (BLS) Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS
Other skills & knowledge: (skills, knowledge, abilities)
At least 2 years of experience. Ability to read and communicate effectively in English. Basic computer knowledge.
Organizing and coordinating skills. Knowledge of accreditation and certification requirements and standards.
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community. Advanced assessment skills.
Other skills & knowledge: Additional languages preferred
(skills, knowledge, abilities)