We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Responsible for communicating with both internal and external customers and/or trading partners to scope, develop, test, implement and maintain electronic data exchanges and/or interfaces to support the operational, reporting and analytical requirements of Mercy Care Management Informatics. This position is also responsible for investigation and resolution of data integrity issues, as well as the implementation of policies and procedures to improve the quality of data in systems sourced for Mercy Care Management. This position will serve as a liaison with Mercy Technology Services to ensure data integrity for all downstream systems. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and Mercy Service Standards.
Interacts with both internal and external customers and/or trading partners to develop, improve, implement and maintain data integration processes. (A trading partner is a third-party entity with which we exchange data for the purpose of reporting, analysis or to support operational processes.)
1) Studies Trading Partner data to ensure it meets Mercy Care Management requirements and works with Trading Partners to meet those standards.
1) On an on-going basis, monitor and analyze data collection methods seeking out opportunities for improvement to further enrich data, improve data integrity and improve the trading partner on-boarding process.
2) Analyzes data integrity issues and leads investigation for resolution.
3) Maintains and updates supplemental data to enrich data used for reporting and analysis.
Analysis skills required for operational support
1) Demonstrates a working knowledge of database tools, EDI processes and data warehousing concepts.
2) Maintains skills needed to understand and utilize current technology and methods for efficient data exchange and integration.
Manage, track & investigate data issues related to all Mercy Care Management Data Exchange processes
1) Conducts root cause analysis to determine the source of the problem
2) Understands impact to the business to help determine priority of issue resolution when competing tasks are queue for correction.
3) Works closing with report development team and the Mercy Technical Team to determine resolution and associated timeline.
4) Logs production issues for tracking and trending
5) Communicates resolution status to impacted areas.
6) Develops test plans and conducts user acceptance testing to ensure resolution.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Preferred Experience: 5-10 years’ experience in Electronic Data Interchange and Data Warehousing. Proficient in SQL programming, Oracle Databases and have experience working with healthcare claim data.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.