We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
Under the direction of the RN or LPN, assists in the individualized care of the patient to achieve the patients highest level of wellness. Works cooperatively with others as part of a team; recognizes the importance of group goals. Performs designated clinical procedures and non clinical support tasks essential to providing care to the patient. Assists in operational support tasks or duties. Performs duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with our mission, values, and service standards.
1. Demonstrates knowledge of and practices sound infection control techniques.
2. Assesses safety needs and provides for a safe environment: Fall Precautions; Restraint Management; Patient Identification; Unit/Departmental Specific Policies.
3. Labels and properly secures guests/patients personal property.
4. Adheres to hospital wide safety regulations.
5. Performs equipment safety checks and reports faulty equipment/initiates repair.
6. Follows policy/procedure for completion of incident reports.
7. Follows confidentiality policy/procedure.
8. Complies with patient rights/regulations.
9. Keeps hallways free of equipment and clutter.
Coordination of Services:
1. Assists in the orientation of new/float personnel.
2. Acquires adequate supplies to perform daily care.
3. Acquires, sets up, and properly disposes of equipment for special procedures.
4. Prioritizes appropriately and utilizes good judge in use of time.
5. Participates in QI activities that ensure and enhance quality of patient care.
1. Administers daily hygiene measures.
2. Performs routines daily activities: ambulation, passes trays, snacks, water, feeds patients, turns and positions patients, observes for skin breakdown.
3. Gathers and records patient data.
4. Observes changes or unusual occurrences in patient condition and reports them immediately to the appropriate personnel.
5. Provides patients and their families with explanation of care and psychological support under the direction of the nurse.
6. Participates in the admission, discharge and transfer of patients and their belongings.
7. Assures all patient charges/credits are entered appropriately.
8. Demonstrates flexibility regarding workload, assignments and change.
9. Attends 75% of department meetings.
10. Demonstrates appropriate skills in:
a. Foley catheter insertion
b. I/O catheter insertion
d. Bedside Glucose
e. Performing EKG
1. Accepts delegation of tasks.
2. Communicates with other members of the health care team to optimize the care of the patient.
3. Maintains a positive attitude.
1. Performs unit specific computer functions.
2. Performs clerical duties as needed (i.e., answers phones, monitors lights).
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Education: High school diploma, G.E.D. and/or current employee at Mercy Hospital, Washington.
Experience: Previous medical experience as nurse’s aide, CNA, medical assistance or EMT, completed the first semester clinical rotation in nursing school.
Other: The physical demands described here are the representative of the minimums that must be met by an employee to perform all essential functions of the job. Most physical demands are below, plus: Minimal: carrying <12 lbs (1 handed) and <25 lbs (2 handed), pull <40 lbs, kneel or crouch, pinch force, data entry Occasional: lifting desk to chair height <50 lbs, push <20 lbs, Frequent: balance, hand coordination, grip <45 lbs force
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.