We’re a Little Different
Our mission is clear. We bring to life a healing ministry through our compassionate care and exceptional service.
We don’t believe in jobs at Mercy, we believe in careers that match the unique gifts of unique individuals; careers that not only make the most of your skills and talents, but also your heart.
At Mercy, you’ll feel our supportive community every step of your day, especially the tough ones. We’re a team and love working that way. That team is expanding, and we currently have exceptional opportunities to help our communities grow.
QUALITY AND QUANTITY OF WORK
1. Provides safe, effective and efficient implementation of psychiatric care to geropsychiatric patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards of care.
2. Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with patients utilizing positive approaches.
3. Co-facilitates designated groups and activities appropriate to the MHT level of competency. Documents patient attendance and level of participation.
4. Is familiar with and implements patient treatment plan interventions.
5. Monitors assigned patients behavior and location as directed by the RN in charge of the unit. Documents as directed every 15 minutes or other time intervals as required. This may include specialized monitoring for a patient on a 1:1 or who is in restraints or seclusion.
6. Documents patient activities of daily living, response to interventions, and significant behavior changes as appropriate.
7. Assists in admitting and discharging patients as assigned, this includes completing associated documentation.
8. Collects stool, urine and other specimens, as requested, on assigned patients.
9. Obtains patients vital signs and weights, as assigned.
10. Assists patients with all ADLs as their identified needs require.
11. Assists patients at mealtime by distributing meal trays, pouring beverages and/or feeding clients in need of assistance.
12. Demonstrates commitment to teamwork by attending shift report and following proper hand off procedures.
TEAM MEMBER PARTICIPATION
1.Participates as a team member and provides input via reporting observations, concerns and asking appropriate questions.
2. Reviews and implements patient treatment plan interventions.
3. Informs the charge RN in a timely manner of patient behavior and condition, particularly changes in mental and/or physical condition.
1.Observes, records and reports patient social, psychiatric and physical behavior to the charge RN.
2.Completes admission documentation to include vital signs, weight, clothing inventory, contraband search results or other appropriate tasks assigned by the charge RN.
JUDGMENT, DECISION MAKING AND INITIATIVE
1.Demonstrates knowledge and proper use of equipment and supplies.
2.Promotes and assists patients in developing self help skills.
3.Explains geropsychiatric policies and procedures to patients and their families.
4.Demonstrates knowledge of nursing policies and procedures as they relate to direct and indirect patient care.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS
1. Demonstrates a good rapport and cooperative working relationships with all members of the team; responds to co workers with concern and promotes group morale.
2. Maintains an effective and courteous working relationship with patients and other staff members through the use of appropriate interpersonal skills.
3. Protects the confidentiality of employee and patient information.
1. Continually focuses on assigned tasks and seeks and implements improvements as necessary.
2. Understands and demonstrates the safety program in all activities.
3. Protects patients from behavior that could damage themselves or others.
4. Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and understanding of the community and neighborhood when representing the Program in the community.
CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
1. Demonstrates knowledge of the programs patients including patient/patients families and governmental agencies in all interactions and conduct.
2. Acts in a professional manner, always demonstrating respect and understanding of the community and neighborhood when representing Telecare in the community.
PLANNING AND TIME UTILIZATION
1. Completes and follows through with tasks and assignments, meeting expected deadlines.
ATTENDANCE AND RELIABILITY
1. Understands and demonstrates knowledge of all policies associated with attendance and tardiness.
1. Attends all assigned in service education classes.
2. Role models excellent professional practice.
3. Always dresses appropriately and professionally.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Because you’re committed to excellence, you understand the importance of being properly prepared for your role at Mercy. That’s why you’ll bring to your role the right set of qualifications:
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Licensure: Licensed to practice practical nursing in this state.
Experience: Atleast one year of experience with psychiatric patients in an acute psychiatric setting.
Certifications: Current American Heart Association BLS Required to practice independently.
Other: Effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to use problem-solving techniques are required. Ability to interact with geriatric patients to determine their needs is essential.
We’ll Support You at Work and Home
Our foundations are built on dignity and respect. Modern Healthcare Magazine named us as a “top 100 places to work.” We go out of our way to help people feel welcomed. We offer day-one comprehensive health, vision and dental coverage, PTO, tuition reimbursement and employer-matched retirement funds to benefit-eligible co-workers, including those working 48 hours or more per pay period!
What Makes a Good Match for Mercy
Compassion and professionalism go hand-in-hand with us, along with exceptional quality care. Having a positive outlook and a strong sense of advocacy is in perfect step with our mission and vision. We’re also collaborative and are not afraid to do a little extra to deliver excellent care – that’s just part of our commitment. If that sounds like a fit for you as well, we encourage you to apply.